Sometimes before a big match it’s best to find ways to ease the tension and anxiety. For second-seeded Union Catholic, that meant getting together as a team for a few hours before it took on top-seeded Westfield in the Union County Tournament final. The team made some posters, had a few laughs, completely calmed the nerves and it paid dividends on the court. Alexandra Kwasnik and Liv Szyszkiewicz both recorded five kills to help Union Catholic, No. 8 in the NJ.com Top 20, avenge last year’s loss and defeat No. 13 Westfield 25-20, 25-21 at Kean University in Union on Friday. Click here for full story.
- Boys Basketball: Union Catholic Upsets St. Mary’s, Advances to Semifinals of Union County Tourney
- Union County boys’ and girls’ basketball teams in states listed here
- No. 2 RC regroups to beat Union Catholic 64-43 in UCT semis
- Kelly scores 1,000th as New Providence boys win in 5 overtimes
- Basketball: New Providence outlasts Gov. Livingston; Pioneers Sweep the Night